Thursday, February 16, 2012

Jess' 1/2 Birthday

Last year I surprised Jess with a 1/2 birthday dinner.  Her birthday is July 8th and we never get to celebrate it together.  She was in Uganda last summer and will be in Switzerland this summer, so I decided to do another dinner...it was just a month late.

I don't know how I was so dumb, Jessica and I were at dinner with Wendy when I brought up her 1/2 birthday.

Me "I can't wait to celebrate your 1/2 birthday!"
Jess "It's already passed..."
Me "No it hasn't, your birthday is in July. So, August, September, October, November, December, January and then February!" (Don't worry, I was counting on my hands and had seven fingers up at this point)
Jess "Right Rach...that's seven months"
Me "Right. ........................ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Anyways, it was a little late, but it was fun. I made goat cheese and sun dried tomato stuffed pork. And everyone else brought sides. I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with everyone throughout the evening.

I made a 13 layer cake for dessert. It was my first time making it, and everyone was kind about the layer that was way too crunchy :)



Happy 1/2 Birthday Jess! I love you mucho. She's such a good friend, I'm lucky to have her in my life!




RE

No comments:

Post a Comment