Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Turquoise Tuesday...


Recently there has been a MAJOR lack of color in Utah. It has been a relatively snow-less winter which means that everything is just dead. Dead and brown. Dead and brown and UGLY. I guess I would complain if there were a lot of snow as well, maybe I'm just a big complainer. I am tired of brown ugly grass, barren trees and grey skies. It feels like the revenge of the crayons that were never used.

So, today the turquoise has been inspired by my daydreams - warm sunny beaches, white sand, water that is so clear and blue you can see your toes when you are standing in it. I want to hop into my bathing suit, throw on a floppy hat, build a sandcastle, have a mud war, rinse off and read a book on the beach while letting my disgustingly and disturbingly white/pale Utah skin sizzle in the sun.

Unfortunately, bills have to be paid. Work has to be done. I guess I'm just a slave to capitalism, a cog in the machine.

On a happier, more turquoise, note I hit a running milestone for myself yesterday! It may seem small and insignificant to all of you runners out there. But, for me, who was so fondly referred to as the "caboose" in all athletic runs through high school, I believe I have come a long way.  Last night, I ran 3 miles in 30 minutes. That's right. I RAN THREE MILES! IN THIRTY MINUTES! .....only five more to go! Bring it on Ragnar.



RE

No comments:

Post a Comment