Friday, March 23, 2012

Parents Come to Town!

My parents made the 12 hour drive out to my brother and I this past weekend. They came so my dad could ordain my brother. It was so fun having them for the weekend, I've got a pretty great family. If I may say so myself.

My dad's birthday is March 14th, so we had a family dinner with all of the family in town. They got to my house and found that we were waiting for them, with dinner, and ready to celebrate my dad's birthday. My dad turned 48! Weird!



 I made him a black forest cake, it's a little messy looking. Don't judge too harshly, it was my first time!

We spent a lot of time playing games, catching up, laughing and running errands.  On Saturday they took my brother and I to Costco and stocked us up with good food. It was so nice of them! We saw a movie, played more games, went out to eat with Wendy and Casey and then went to Chris' ordination Sunday morning.

It was a special experience to be there as my dad ordained my brother. You could tell it meant so much to both of them.

The weekend went by way too fast. After my parents left I just crawled into bed and slept (my extremely healthy coping mechanism) until I woke up to go eat dinner (another great coping mechanism) at the Beres'.




RE

No comments:

Post a Comment